Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The slowest commute ever

Last Friday Johanna and I walked to work with my dad and Jenny. It's about a 7-mile trip (8 miles to Steve's office) and it took us about 2.5 hours. We've been walking about 2-3 miles every morning so it wasn't too bad. This is the 2nd time we've done it, and I think we'll make a habit of it (i.e. every other Friday) since it's a great route and there is a lot of interesting stuff to see along the way. The idea came about when Johanna suggested it one morning to cheer me up. I'm always up for a challenge, and it was still pretty early in the morning that day, so off we went.


The cool part is that I took pictures along the way with my iPhone, which automatically keeps track of the GPS location of each picture. I uploaded them to Picasa which created a map of all the pictures we took along the way and where it was taken, so now you can see the route we took. Click here to see the map of all the pictures.


Walking through Woodland Park


Early morning commuters stuck in traffic on Aurora


Johanna on the bridge, about to enter "the tunnel"


Entrance to the Woodland Park Rose Garden


Dad, Johanna and Jenny on Fremont Ave


Stop for coffee at Peet's


On the Fremont bridge, overlooking Lake Union


Houseboats on Lake Union


Old railroad tracks along Westlake Ave


Stop for a break at a new park in South Lake Union


Downtown Seattle from Capitol Hill


The National Park(ing) Day folks had set up a "park" outside my office. They were all over town that day.

No comments: